S&T exposed to the process of developing tendersThe National Department of Public Works requested S&T to conduct a workshop to develop terms of reference for establishing a monitoring and evaluation system for the Emerging Contractor Development Programme (ECDP) and the Strategic Project Initiative (SPI).
The final tender document reflected the inputs of a broad range of stakeholders outlining some of the following basic conditions for an M&E system for the Department:
- the monitoring and evaluation system must reflect progress and performance of the ECDP over time;
- the system needs to be able to provide easily accessible data, with monthly reporting sheets restricted to pre-agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- the system must be able to track trends and report at project, regional, provincial and national level;
- the system must be flexible and fairly easily amended to reflect changes as the programme unfolds;
- the system must be simple, cost effective and not time consuming for whoever will have to complete the data capture sheets at project level.